Friday, November 19, 2010

The Switch!

So I've decided to switch up some of my workouts this week, due to school and personal needs, but am more than ready to make the attempt in conquering each of them.  I took a day of rest yesterday, to rejuvenate and relax.  It was a much needed day of rest, and I appreciated the day of rest more than I thought I would.

I had a 3 mile run inside (on a treadmill) tonight, due to the cold weather and dark skies, and once again found that I was bored around mile 1.  I came to the conclusion that gyms need to create some sort of device that will keep your attention for a long period of time.  There are TVs, but apparently they don't do the trick for me!  I faced the mental block (similar to that of my first treadmill run a while back), but still finished the run.  I will face a 6 mile run tomorrow, as I need to accommodate for a Thanksgiving Feast with my NextGen group on Sunday (I'm super duper excited for this event), and will suffice with a 20 minute speed training session, on Sunday, instead.  Thankfully it's short enough that I can fit it in before all of the yummy holiday food!

I'm definitely experiencing mental blocks more than I did in the beginning of my training.  I'm overwhelmed and stressed out with school; I need a break from academics; and, the weather is getting colder and colder.  I'm bound and determined to keep fighting through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment