Sunday = long run day, and today's task was 5 miles, but 5 miles of pure domination at that! I was severely lacking motivation to get outside (hello cold and rain), but I knew that I couldn't cheat myself by skipping my run. The first mile was rough, considering the 4 hills that I traveled up, but once I hit my pace around mile 1.5, I was good as gold. I had the motivation of a hot tub awaiting me at the end of the run, and was more than excited to soothe my muscles. The rain drizzle started to kick in near the end of my run, so by the time that I had finished, I couldn't tell if I was sweaty or if it was the rain. Hmmm!
I have become more and more proud of myself with each day of training. I've made it through nearly a month, and have conquered mountains that I never thought that I could even climb. It's amazing how you can accomplish such a great task when you put your mind, heart, and soul into it. Here's to another great week, 15 miles of running, and pure satisfaction of accomplishing new challenges each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment