Thursday, November 11, 2010

Short Run/Cross Training

First, I must share my excitement for the beautiful weather yesterday!  I didn't think that I would have the opportunity to run outdoors, in a t-shirt, again this season -- but I did!  I had a fairly rocking pace for a short run, and felt nicely refreshed by the time I made it back to my apartment.  Another 3 miles can be checked off of the training plan!  Honestly, it's amazing to see how much my training supports my happiness, optimism, and outlook on life (even when the stressors of school come and go).  I now have a never ending shower of smiles to share :)

To switch training up, I enjoyed some time cross training tonight.  I chose to "ellipticize," because ellipticals are the coolest thing since walkmans!  (You know that you agree with me!)  It was nice and easy on the joints, and more than pleasurable.  I came to the conclusion that going to the gym at 10pm isn't the best idea that I've ever come up with.  I danced my way out of the gym, and am still full of spit and vinegar.  Tomorrow's 6am wake-up will NOT be enjoyable at all, to say the least.  But, I completed another workout, so the lack of sleep will all be worth it (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment