I had another 3 mile run today, and felt that I held a fairly good pace throughout my whole run. I was excited to get back to my apartment to measure the time that it had taken me, and I was POSITIVE that my time was going to blow Wednesday's run out of the water. Sadly, that wasn't the case; instead of shaving my time, I added an extra 3 minutes. I know that 3 minutes isn't that big of a deal, but it placed a mini damper in my excitement.
Today was also day two of icing up my body. I think that I'm extra sore because I'm adjusting to a new pair of shoes, but I have to say that I'm looking forward to not being sore after running. Who would be excited to run another 3 miles, when you know that your body doesn't want to move for a while? I can definitely say that as of right now, that 5 mile run on Sunday is looking more daunting than exciting. I'm sure that I'll be much more fired up after a day of rest, but only time will tell!
ADVIL + ICE = Less pain!
ReplyDelete