Friday, November 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Today, I had the pleasure of running in my hometown, and it was absolutely wonderful!  I didn't think that I would have the opportunity to come home for a weekend, but a last minute change in plans allowed me to do so.  Nothing beats the feeling of one's childhood comforts and home environment.  :)

I'll admit, it was quite cold (35 degrees), but I warmed up quickly and started sweating about 1 mile in.  It was entertaining to see how many people were breaking their necks trying to figure out who the "crazy person" was.  Unfortunately, I don't think that many of them were successful!  By the end of the 3 mile run, I was a sweaty mess!  It's strange how you can get so sweaty, even when the weather is near freezing!

Tomorrow will be a day of relaxation -- sleeping in, homework, laundry, shopping, and whatever else I can fit into my schedule -- and I'll face my first 4 mile run on Sunday.  I've never run that distance before, but I have faith that my body won't let me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment