Monday, October 18, 2010

Motivation!

First and foremost, I have to give thanks to Jamie, not only for her encouraging slogan for my challenges in life (the current title of this blog), but also for being my running buddy.  Jamie and I started swimming with one another last spring, where she pushed me beyond limits that I never could have imagined.  Then, we decided to go running one day, and I was able to return the favor.  :)  We've clearly discovered that she is the swimmer while I am the runner, but both of our strengths will be supportive to each other's weaknesses.

Even though the running program didn't start until today, we decided to take a leisurely run yesterday, and managed to knock out 1.5 miles without any issues.  It was definitely a good confidence booster so early in the journey, especially because I haven't hit the pavement in a couple of months.  Today's run rolled around, where we ran our first 2 miles of the training program, and I began to realize that this is really it.  I'm working my way towards achieving a goal that I have set for myself and my life.  Although my legs are sore and my sleep is no longer going to be of any issue (aka - this girl is going to crash as soon as she hits her pillow tonight), I'm excited to see how I change over the next few days, weeks, and months to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to follow you on this journey! A new pair of running shoes are in order ~ perhaps we can find some "girls weekend"! Be strong, push yourself, but in all that be good to "my Whitney".

    ReplyDelete