Friday, October 29, 2010

Mommy ♥

While today's run was nice and short, a mere 2 miles, I had the BEST company ever -- my mommy!  It's amazing how much better your days are when you spend some quality time with the woman that you look up to the most.  I've truly treasured the moments that I've had with my mother throughout the past 21 years, and know that I wouldn't be the young woman that I am today, without her help, support, and guidance.  Thanks mum!  :)

We took a stroll towards the river walk, and once we arrived, I took off on my run and met back up with her 2 miles later.  Even though she wasn't able to run with me, it was amazing to be able to spend some quality fitness and mother/daughter time together.  We made a couple of pit stops on our way back (all of which were more than entertaining), and finished off the walk with a good show -- compliments of the WPD.  I have to say that they need to work on a better ending next time!

The internal motivation had continued to remain strong and ever present in my daily life.  This journey is positively changing so many aspects of my life, and I am more than proud of myself for taking on this challenge!  End of Week #2 -- Check!

1 comment:

  1. I love the riverwalk (as you know)! I too am glad we could spend some quality time together, life is meaningless without love in it, I'm blessed to have so much love in mine. Keep up the good work and I will continue to admire your accomplishments, I'm so very proud of you. ♥

    ReplyDelete