Today's workout brought my first week of training to an end! I worked through muscle pain at the beginning of the week, managed to increase my speed, and conquered several 2 mile runs. Not too shabby for the beginning of the program! I'm happy to announce that I have more excitement and passion for this whole experience, even only being 1 week in. I'll admit that I've had days where I was absolutely exhausted and have had troubles with working my runs into my overzealous schedule, but I'm living proof that it CAN be done. If you find something that you are passionate for, you will make time in your life, and will eventually work your life around activities that mean the most to you. This is my way of taking time for me, and yes mom, I've finally listened to your advice! :)
I plan to enjoy my weekend, take a couple of days off of running (it's all in the running program, I promise), and mentally prepare myself for the week to come. From this point on, I will gradually be increasing the mileage each week -- typically 1 additional mile per week -- and it's a scary thought, but I know that I can do it. Thank you for all of your support up until this point! 1 week down and only 25 weeks to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment