While running today, I came to the conclusion that I absolutely LOVE running in the fall. It's not too hot or too cold. The leaves are gorgeous hues of gold, red, orange, and brown, and make the most calming crunching noise under each of my strides. Each leaf falls flawlessly from the tree above and gracefully makes its way towards the ground. And then there is the smell of fall. You know, that distinctive smell of fall. It's so hard to describe, yet it smells so amazing. All of these elements mesh together with one another and create a serene and calming environment -- something that makes each run more and more enjoyable.
I rocked another 2 miles today, and it seemed so simple. It was a stellar run, and I was even able to pick-up my pace quite a bit compared to my past couple of runs. I'm not sure if it was subconscious ambition, or the lingering fact of knowing that I had to be to work within the hour, but no matter the reason, I am very proud of my accomplishment. It's not going to be nearly as much fun running indoors, on a treadmill, during the bitterly cold Wisconsin winter days, but I'm going to enjoy the beautiful weather that I have now, and face that battle when it comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment