Let me tell you, today's weather in Waukesha was nearly PERFECT for running in the middle of the winter. It's that strange warm and rainy combination, which means that the cold air doesn't kill your lungs, but you can still jump in oodles of puddles!! (Talk about bringing back your childhood memories!) Ok, so wet feet aren't exactly the most appealing thing in the world, but I had a blast!
It felt so good to get outside again, especially after having to run on a treadmill for many of my past extravaganzas. I covered around 2 miles, with a fairly good pace (especially on the 2nd mile), and am determined to knock out a long run within the next couple of days. I think that I've inched my way back into the pattern of running, so now I need to buckle down and jump back into my weekly running schedule. I almost "ate" ice within the last 100m of my run, but thanks to my super awesome agility skills, I showed that ice what was up!
As the New Year approaches, I have the feeling that many people are going to begin working on their "resolution." In my personal opinion, I think that today is a great day to start that resolution. Why wait another day or two, when you can start it now? Get up, get out, and get active!!
No comments:
Post a Comment