I must say that it was absolutely phenomenal to go for a run today! Not being able to fit running into my end of the semester schedule during the past 3 weeks has been depressing to say the least. While the distance wasn't anything to brag about, I am still proud of being able to whip out 1.5 miles without much difficulty. Then again, when you factor in the cold Wisconsin winter weather, ice on sidewalks, and rude drivers, I can admit that the run was a bit more difficult than what I was facing about a month ago. (I sure do love challenges!)
And the title of this post, "Fire Burning," it's clever, don't you think? Of course there is a method to my madness! There wasn't a fire burning on the dance floor this time around, rather it decided to house itself in my lungs. Asthma, cold air, and physical exertion are not exactly the best combination, unless you want to sound like you've had emphysema for a couple of years!
I'm happy to have jumped back into my training plan, and am looking forward to conquering my future challenges. It's time for me to re-balance my life, make time for myself during this busy time of the year, and embrace the little things that mean the most. Happy Holidays! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment