Friday, December 24, 2010

An Oldie But Goodie!

1. It's Christmas Eve.
2. Due to a day of travel, my body has been lucky enough to continue functioning off of 2 fast food meals in one day.  Considering the fact that I typically consume fast food once every few weeks, you can only imagine how my tummy feels after the double up in less than 24 hours.
3. I'm in a foreign land (or so it feels), so I had the privilege of running on a treadmill, once again.

Luckily the hotel that I'm currently residing in has a workout facility, meaning a treadmill, elliptical, and bike -- stellar!  (Honestly though, I can't complain.  A treadmill is better than nothing!)  As the week has progressed, I've been working my way back into the training plan that was created back in October. Despite the cold weather, my running is falling back into place, slowly but surely, and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the warmer weather! 

Rather than focusing on distance today, I worked through a mini Fartlek (speed training) workout, and jumped into some cross training on the elliptical, all while watching THE best Christmas movie of all time -- A Christmas Story.  Seriously, who wouldn't be motivated to run to an old fashioned Christmas movie, with nerdy little boys, and a Red Ryder BB gun that will most likely result in one shooting their eye out?!?  I guess that I can be considered a nerd, but there is something about a little piece of your childhood that manages to keep your attention when it is needed most.

I've come to 1 major saddening conclusion that relates to my current location and A Christmas Story ...
   (Chinese restaurants aren't really open at Christmas.  No Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra for this 
   girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment