Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Sign-Up

Clearly, I haven't logged any runs in quite some time, because I haven't run very much in the past month or so.  I have found it extremely difficult to balance the life of a "grown-up" (Student Teaching) with the life of a dedicated athlete.  Honestly, there have been many days where I've woken up and been disappointed in myself for not following through with the promise that I made to myself in October -- to complete a full marathon.


The Chicago Marathon registration opened up on Tuesday February 1st.  I didn't want to sign-up, because I began doubting myself.  I haven't run consistently since December, it costs $145 to register, and I began to lose all hope in the progress that I had made between October and December.  Then, I realized that I wasn't going to throw away the goal that I had set for myself.  I couldn't back down.  I'm not going to give up.


I just registered for the Full Chicago Marathon on 10.9.11, and have roughly 35 weeks to push myself through the rigorous training.  I know that I am going to have moments of weakness, disappointment, frustration, and pain, but I am determined to fight through those moments to achieve my goal.


Tonight is a moment of change.  It's time to re-evaluate the running plan that I created for myself in October, and fine tooth and comb it, to ensure that I will be the best runner that I can be for this marathon.  Healthy mind.  Healthy body.  Healthy spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment